Paper forms bog down organizations that need to compete in a global economy. It is estimated that 80% of all organization documents are paper forms. This represents massive inefficiency and is an environmental disaster.
To go paperless, people need to connect the tools they already own and know how to use to create and capture form responses. PDF forms and Excel spreadsheets are perfect examples.
Benefits to online PDF forms:
- PDF forms look just like their paper counterparts
- PDF forms are easy to make
- Electronic data collection saves time, money and is more accurate
- Online forms are a green technology (see greenpdf.com)
PDF forms are ideal for marketing response, customer requests, human resource management, broker/dealer requests, inspections, certifications, reporting and much more. It would be hard to find an organization that could not benefit from online PDF forms.
Current status of PDF forms:
- PDF forms are everywhere on the Internet (this is good)
- Most PDF forms are printed and filled out by hand (this is bad)
The better PDF form experience:
- Make PDF forms fillable online
- Make PDF forms submit securely to a database (like excel)
- Email a copy of the submitted PDF form back to the submitter
Why are people not creating fillable online PDF forms now?
- 7 out of 10 people who make PDFs don’t know how to make forms
- Technology to collect PDF forms data is too complex and expensive
How FormRouter is attacking this problem:
GreenPDF.com: a worldwide awareness campaign designed to reduce carbon emissions by promoting electronic PDF documents.