Secure Form Hosting & Retrieval Service
Capture Online Forms to a Database You Control
What is a FormRouter.NET account?
FormRouter.NET is a secure form hosting and retrieval service that enables you to create, host and retrieve online form responses without programming.
Each hosted account comes with:
1. Tools to rapidly build online forms and alerts
2. Live Web-based tutorials and support
3. Dedicated space to host forms live on the Internet
4. Client tools to securely download responses to forms
In short – FormRouter is here to help you securely capture form responses from the Internet.
How does an account work?
1. Build an online form (use your tools or ours)
2. Submit forms to your account at FormRouter.NET
3. Download data into your database using the FormRouter Client Tool
What are the options for building forms?
Option 1: Build forms in the Simple Form Builder (no programming required)
The Simple Form Builder is an online tool that allows the design of HTML forms with no programming.
Option 2: Build forms with your favorite form editor
- PDF (Adobe® Acrobat®)
- HTML (Adobe® Dreamweaver® or other tools)
- Excel (Microsoft® Excel®)
Option 3: Have FormRouter support staff build your form
What form formats do accounts currently support?
The FormRouter.NET service is based on open standards and therefore supports all major online form formats.
– Adobe® PDF®
– HTML5 (Web-based forms)
– Microsoft® Excel® (with a plugin we offer)
– ASP and ASP.NET
Note: Our goal is to continue to improve and expand the number of form formats we support, so that your FormRouter account will continue to be as flexible and powerful as possible.
What online tools come with an account?
The Forms Manager allows you to build and manage forms in your account. In this tool you can view, edit, copy, delete and generate links to your online forms.
Simple Form Builder
The Simple Form Builder is an online tool that streamlines the building of Web forms with associated alerts. It is designed to be used by everyone within an organization. No programming required.
The FormRouter.NET server provides a powerful alerts engine. You can build custom alerts that are triggered each time a form is submitted. Alerts allow stakeholders to take timely action based on each form submission.
FormRouter File Manager provides a way to upload forms and supporting graphics built in your favorite form editor into your FormRouter account. The File Manager also enables you to move, hide and delete files and folders from your account.
FormRouter Reports Manager generates graphical reports about form utilization. These reports allow tracking of form submissions over specific time intervals.
What tool do I use to get data into my database?
FormRouter Client Tool
Our client-side software, residing on your desktop (or server), enables one-click, secure download of form-collected data to popular database formats or text files. The FormRouter Client Tool communicates relevant information to users such as the number of forms downloaded and the names of forms and tables to which data was routed.
FormRouter supports direct output to:
– Microsoft® SharePoint® (including 365)
– Microsoft® Access®
– Microsoft® Excel®
– Microsoft® SQL Server®
– OpenOffice™ Calc
– ODBC (MySQL, DB2, Oracle, FileMaker and more…)
What extra tools come with an account?
FormRouter XL Button
Installed with the FormRouter Client Tool is a component that extends the power of Microsoft Excel. The FormRouter XL & Button allows anyone to turn an Excel spreadsheet into a form that can submit responses securely over the Internet.
PDF Extractor for Access
This tool places a button on any Access form allowing you to launch a PDF form locally or from the Web. Data from the Access record is then displayed in the PDF form for viewing, printing or submitting.
Specific Use: Viewing registration data in original registration form or pre-populating different PDF forms with fields in a database record for printing.
ASP.NET Remote Server Posting Utility
For those who wish to host ASP.NET forms on their own servers, but still want to take advantage of the power and security the FormRouter service, we now offer a Remote Server Posting Utility.
By simply dropping the Remote Server Posting Utility code into a directory on any generic ASP.NET enabled Web server, FormRouter users will be able to host forms securely on their own servers while still enjoying the benefits of FormRouter’s secure data capture technology.
What additional tools can I get for my account?
For those who need more functionality, take a look at FormRouter.Net Upgrade options. These upgrades offer feature rich tools and services that take form capture to the next level.
– 100 MB Memory Upgrade (More room for data and file attachments)
– File Attachments (Capture documents and images with forms)
– Secure E-mail Alerts (Send 128-bit encrypted e-mail alerts)
– PDF E-mail Alerts (Send template-based PDFs in e-mail alerts)
– Credit Card Processing Alerts (PayPal®, Authorize.Net®)
– CRM Software Integration Alerts (sugarcrm®, salesforce.com®)
– DocuSign® Alert (Email filled PDFs to be digitally signed)
Advanced Form Processing
– Advanced PDF Processing (Process & manipulate full PDF documents)
– PDF Form Filler Viewer Technology (Converts PDF forms to HTML5 to work on all devices)
– PDF to HTML5 Workflow Alert (create email based workflows with PDF to HTML5 forms)
– HTML Workflow Alert (create email based workflows with HTML forms)
– Pre-processor Alert (Set routing rules for forms based on form field values)
Celebrating 20 years in business!